If your telephone does not work, try these steps first.
- If you are using a cordless telephone or some other type of phone
which requires an external power supply, double check to make
sure it is plugged into an AC power outlet. If it is plugged
into a power strip, check that the power strip is also plugged in and
- If you are using a cordless telephone, make sure that your telephone
receiver is fully charged.
- Double check to make sure your telephone cable is not cut or torn, and that it is properly
connected to both the telephone jack on the wall and to the
telephone plug on your telephone.
- Make sure your telephone cord is connected to a standard telephone jack, and not into a (much wider) Ethernet jack in the wall plate.
If all of the above items check out, and your telephone still is notworking, take a working telephone and cable, and plug them into the jack normally used by the non-working telephone.
- If the new telephone and cord do not work, call the Help Desk at extension 8700 to report that there is a problem with your telephone line.
- If the new telephone and cord work correctly, attach the new telephone to the original cord, and then plug the original cord into the jack.
- If the connection does not work, the original telephone cord is defective, and should be replaced.
- If the connection works, the original telephone instrument is defective, and should be replaced or repaired.
Cable Television Service
If you have trouble with your television service, try these steps first.
- Check for power to TV.
- Check for tight cable connections at TV and wall outlet.
- Check TV and VCR for matching channel output and input. In most cases, this should be channel 3 or 4.
Not Receiving All Channels
- Make sure switch on TV is set to CATV mode.
- Using menu or set-up controls on TV or VCR, run auto-program, and/or add desired channels.
- If your television is not "cable ready" that is, if it does not receive channels higher than 13 you should rent a Standard Converter Box and remote control from Cox Communications.
If the Problem Persists
If, after trying the above, your problem is not resolved, do one of the following.
- Complete and submit our online Report a Problem form.
- Send email to our Help Desk, following the instructions on the Repairs page.
- Call the Communications Services Help Desk at extension 8700.