In December 2009, Communications Services introduced a redesigned Account Usage Report.
For each ledger billing account, several report sections are included:
- The Account Summary section provides account billing totals and summary reports.
- The Subscriber Summary section provides a summary of charges for each subscriber.
- The Subscriber Detail section provides detailed breakdown of charges for each subscriber and includes individual billing codes and call record details.
Since June 2010, Communications Services has provided a Web application, Manage Account Summaries, which allows departments to tailor the amount of detail printed for each account. Departments may choose:
- No Statement for the account.
- Summary Pages Only, which provides the Account Summary and Subscriber Summary sections, but no individual Subscriber charge and call record detail.
- Summary and Detail, which includes all detail, but reduces paper by not starting each subscriber detail section on a separate page.
- Summary and Split Detail, which provides full detail with each subscriber on a new page.
To help reduce paper usage, beginning with the July 2011 billing statements, the Subscriber Detail section will no longer be printed. This section includes individual call records and individual charge codes for each subscriber and service. If you believe you will continue to need the expanded level of detail, you must use the Manage Account Summaries application to select the Detail option for those accounts for which you wish to have full detail printed. In order to have the detail printed in the July 2011 statement, you must change the printing options prior to July 26, 2011.
Once you have changed a printing option, it will not be necessary to change it each month. Also, if you have previously changed your print options to "No Statement" or "Summary and Detail" (the condensed version), these changes have been retained, and it is not necessary to re-specify your preference.
The Manage Account Summaries application requires a UCSBNetID and the authorization to manage the accounts associated with a department. To enroll new users, or make changes to existing users, please email firstname.lastname@example.org, providing the UCSBNetID, name, and department codes associated with the accounts for which you wish to manage printing options.
If you have any questions regarding this change, please contact our Customer Services Manager, Reilly Pollard, at 805-893-4172, or by email at email@example.com.