Listed below are links to Requests for Information, Requests for Quotation, and Requests for Proposal issued by UCSB Purchasing on behalf of UCSB Communications Services.
If you represent an organization that wishes to respond to future RFIs, RFQs, or RFPs, you should contact the UCSB Purchasing department via a written letter, indicating your desire to be added to vendor lists for future bids. Be very specific about the type of vendor lists. The mailing address is:
University of California
Santa Barbara, CA 93106-1150
Open RFIs, RFQs, or RFPs
The RFI listed here is currently open. For questions, contact Brian White, Principal Analyst, UCSB Communications Services.
Closed RFIs, RFQs, and RFPS
All of the RFIs, RFQs, and RFPs listed below have closed. The documents are provided solely as information for other universities and campuses preparing similar documents.
If you have any questions about these documents, please send email to Vince Sefcik, Director, UCSB Communications Services.
Note: All files are MS Word documents. Some refer to drawings (e.g., cable plant), but the drawings are not included here.
- Voice Switching System. July, 2001. This RFP was issued for a new Voice Switching System, including both a PBX and Voice Server.
- Cellular Telecommunications Services & Supplies. September, 1999. This RFP was issued jointly by the Regents of the University of California & California State University to select cellular equipment and services.
- Campus-wide Gigabit Ethernet Request for Proposal. September, 1998. This RFP selected a vendor to provide gigabit Ethernet switches which interconnect several research laboratories on the main campus to each other and to the state-wide CalREN-2 OC-48 network.
- Communications Telemanagement System Request for Proposal. November, 1996. This RFP selected a vendor to provide a client/server telemanagement information system to process Work Orders, Trouble Tickets, directory maintenance, cable plant paths, and recharge billing.
- Request for Proposal (RFP) for Dial-Up Modem and ISDN Services to the Internet and UCSB Campus Network. May, 1996. This RFP selected a vendor for commercial dial-up modem and Internet connection services. The result of the RFP evaluation and information about the selected vendor is available on this server.
- Request for Information for Telephone Services. May, 1996. This RFI solicited information from PBX manufacturers and providers of Centrex to replace the existing campus PBX in late 1997.
- Request for Quotation . . . for Purchase of Fiber Optics Innerduct and Cable. June, 1995.
- Request for Quotation . . . for Purchase of Fiber Termination Panels and Fiber Patch Panels. June, 1995.
- Bid Specifications for a Vendor Agreement for Wiring Services. April, 1996. This document was used to select a vendor to provide installation of fiber optic, coaxial, and copper twisted pair cable both between campus buildings and within buildings.